Tuesday, September 28, 2010

explain.

"...We all feel the riddle of the earth without anyone to point it out. The mystery of life is the plainest part of it. The clouds and curtains of darkness, the confounding vapours, these are the daily weather of this world. Whatever else we have grown accustomed to, we have grown accustomed to the unaccountable. Every stone or flower is a hieroglyphic of which we have lost the key; with every step of our lives we enter into the middle of some story which we are certain to misunderstand....unless we have Someone who can explain..." G.K. Chesterton

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlyn,
    I do not know you. We met briefly once in glorious Tampa. But I just spent about forty minutes reading your blog.
    I did this for two reasons, the first being I am a procrastinator and avoid unpleasant work (which I have a boatload of) at all costs.
    The second was the more important. You are a spectacular writer with an even greater perspective.
    I used to think that one day I would be a Christian like your writing portrays you to be. I didn't even question it, really. Sadly I am not. But your writing is an inspiration. Thanks for that.
    All the best in Italy.

    ReplyDelete